Monday, November 16, 2009

Choose Wisely...

I'm sure most of y'all have seen the pictures of Rick Ross' baby moms Tia & their son with 50 Cent & Floyd Mayweather. Really though, fuck that picture. Cats all over the 'Net have their opinions on why it is/isn't foul, or what Rick should do to 50 in retaliation, or why Mayweather's even embroiled in this nonsense when he should be in the gym preparing to get his ass handed to him by Pacman. Btw, I hope he gets beaten in a way that's unfamiliar to him. I don't even like boxing like that, but I love to see a bonafied douche nozzle on the losing end of life. Makes me feel better about myself.


The reason I brought that up because it's a great precursor to choices. The choices we make, that seem so unimportant at the time, truly do shape our futures. It sounds simple, & it is. So simple that it's complicated, like putting on a condom or taking care of a pet. Without meticulous foresight, all things can & will fall down. You think Rick Ross would have raw dogged that chick if he saw all this drama? Would one 5 minute session of physical labor have been worth all this? It started when he decided that he probably won't get her pregnant, or didn't care otherwise. That minuscule decision has snow balled completely out of control, & he's a fool if he doesn't ever sit & think about the exact moment that he made one of the worst choices in his life. Not the kid, per se, but the dilemma that his irresponsibility begat.


Which brings me to a story I had the displeasure of revisiting this morning, of the fall of Rae Carruth. I won't get into specifics, but this dude basically had his baby mother killed for whatever reason. Now, I'm not throwing stones, God knows about my past, but how could something go so horribly wrong all of the sudden? Answer: it didn't. It sucked from the beginning, & perhaps, like many a successful man before him, he ignored whatever signs God showed him as to the horrid path that lay ahead. One bad choice led to many, & alas, dude's behind bars, his son is mentally & physically handicapped as a result of the injuries inflicted to the pregnant mother, & some young lady's corpse rots in a box as we speak, umm, read, well, you smell my cologne.


Choices are a manifestation of the free will we all were blessed with. It's what separates us from animals & angels. Said choices also determine how hard, or easy life will be. I teach my son to think before he does anything, because tiny ripples can become tidal waves, so to speak. I know. I've been swimming for years, & some days I see no land in sight. Thankfully, I haven't drowned yet. But thats also a nod to the fact that I've learned how to surf said tidal waves, a skill that I shouldn't have had to learn, but am glad that I did.


Life pretty much sucks. True, you have the good & the bad, but the latter generally outweighs the former. My dad used to tell me, "Life is short, but long as hell if you make the wrong decisions". It took me years to understand, & I appreciate the fact that he at least warned me. Too bad I didn't listen. Or maybe, I didn't understand. Hopefully, my bad choices will be my son's better choices. Speaking of choices, thats the name of the brochure that lists all of the magnet schools in the greater Los Angeles area. We just good his in the mail. Let the games begin...

3 comments:

The Sykotic Don McCaine said...

Yo did you drop "Rae Carruth"? Wow...you went in the brain vault for that one...

Did you see the video @ Floyd's house? Aww man someone tell Ross he's gotta clean-up on aisle one & move away from the Entenmann's section.

If she's being this spiteful, he's gotta be rubbing her the wrong way. Literally.

And his "goons" taking shots @ KRS ain't a good look either.

$yk

Kiana said...

Yay for the magnets! Keep it up. He has to go to USC one day (or anywhere lol, I just gotta plug my school!)

Tony Grands said...

Ki!

That's actually the plan. My grandfather graduated from there.